Would you like to be paid AUD$150,0000 to live in a three-bedroom villa on an island in the Great Barrier Reef for six months, having just to blog about your experience and a few more? Yeah, so would I. And no--it's not a joke.
The organizers have significantly named it "The best job of the world", but in two words you'll become an "Island Caretaker".
The location is probably one of the best place in the world, a World Heritage Listed natural wonder – the Great Barrier Reef. The Islands of the Great Barrier Reef offer an abundance of wildlife to appreciate and activities to enjoy. The Island Caretaker will be based on Hamilton Island – the largest inhabited island in the region. It’s located just off the coast of Queensland with a wide range of restaurants, activities, shops and tours. The temperature is warm all year round and the combination of blue skies, crystal water and pure sands forms the backdrop to an ideal island life. Wow!
In exchange your job will be:
- to report back on your adventures to Tourism Queensland headquarters in Brisbane (and the rest of the world) via weekly blogs, photo diary, video updates and ongoing media interviews. There’s so much to see and do, so you’ll have plenty to write about in your weekly blog. And with so much life above and below the water, you’re sure to capture some entertaining moments for your video diary and photo gallery. To keep you busy, Tourism Queensland will organise a schedule of travel and events on the Islands of the Great Barrier Reef. Your schedule could include sampling a new luxury spa treatment at qualia on Hamilton Island, trying out new snorkelling gear on Heron Island, or bushwalking on Hinchinbrook Island.
- Feed the fish. There are over 1,500 species of fish living in the Great Barrier Reef. Don’t worry – you won’t need to feed them all.
- Clean the pool. The pool has an automatic filter, but if you happen to see a stray leaf floating on the surface it’s a great excuse to dive in and enjoy a few laps.
- Collect the mail. You’ll have some time on your hands, so why not join the aerial postal service for a day? It’s a great opportunity to get a bird’s eye view of the reef and islands.
It could be incredible but for doing that "JOB" you will get 150.000 australian dollars and one return airfare from your nearest capital city in your home country, accommodation and transport on Hamilton Island, travel insurance for the six-month contract period, access to a computer, internet, digital video and stills camera, plus travel to a number of the Islands of the Great Barrier Reef. And there’s plenty of room if you choose to share your experience with a friend or your family.
Tourism Queensland will be selecting applicants based on:
- Enthusiasm for the role
- Entertainment value (personality and creativity)
- Presentation skills (being media-friendly)
- At least one year's relevant experience
If you want to apply (hurry up just a few hours left!) you have to create a video application (in English and in 60 seconds or less) In an entertaining and engaging way, and tell why you're the best person for the job and demonstrate your knowledge of the Islands of the Great Barrier Reef.
If you're still not sure about it take a look at your future office... not exactly bad uh?
If you want to apply, (for sure you'll find a lot of competition...) and for all the info: